1. Mental illness is a complicated issue.
2. Jesus offers ultimate freedom, but it probably won't be experienced this side of heaven.
3. God equipped scientists and medical professionals with brains and creativity.
4. Because sin entered the world, our bodies and brains do not always function perfectly.
5. However, the sin in the world generally manifests itself in mental illness as it does with other physical problems such as diabetes or cancer.
6. Therefore, we will not promote material that reduces a fair share of mental illness to either sin, demons or lack of faith.
7. There are biblical approaches to therapy and medication that can be an integral part of a person’s healing.
8. Some American churches are not doing enough to support those suffering from mental illness and some are causing or worsening conditions with their theology.